SaveOurSGA Campaign
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SaveOurSGA Campaign

SOSGA Campaign Lets get Stargate Atlantis back on the Air! Save Our SGA!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SaveOurSGA Brainstorm

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-08-22

SaveOurSGA Brainstorm Empty
PostSubject: SaveOurSGA Brainstorm   SaveOurSGA Brainstorm Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 9:50 am

This Forum is for the General Brainstorming for the SaveOurSGA Campaign (SOSGA)

Any Ideas that people have can be posted and discussed here.

All ideas are welcome, just be sure that they are not already posted.

SAVE OUR SGA!!

Admin (Jackie)

*Please remember that ANY obscene language or unsavory words will not be tolerated and if word of any gets back to us, the sender/member that associated with us will be banned!*
Back to top Go down
http://sosga.niceboards.net
ancient78

ancient78

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: SaveOurSGA Brainstorm   SaveOurSGA Brainstorm Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 2:59 am

Is there another channel that would be interested in the show. Stargate was on Showtime channel.before it moved to scifi channel.

I dont know if Atlantis had high ratings over there. we really dont know why it was chancel ed. maybe one of the reason was not enough high ratings.

If Atlantis was on a differnet channel ,it might attarct a wider audience. ,because
scifi channel only attracts scifi people. Im not a big fan of scifi show, but if Stargate was on SCIFI Channel over here , probable i wouldnt watch it.

Atlantis has many different elments,it has great scifi stories,humor,action,superb Visual Effects,ofcouse great characters. it can attract different audience than pure scifi audience.

over here in uk,Atlantis is not on scifi channel, we have a Channel called Sky One ,which shows all different kind of shows,comedy,scifi, drama ,and reality shows.

Atlantis ratings are very good,because of this channel. maybe we could contact another channel that might be interested. i dont know if thats possible.

love atlantis
Back to top Go down
Alexandria

Alexandria

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: SaveOurSGA Brainstorm   SaveOurSGA Brainstorm Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 4:07 am

I don't think it could really succeed on showtime. Showtime in the US is an extra pay channel that subscribers have to fork over at least $10 dollars to get on top of buying a cable and renting a cable box from the cable company. I remember that when we had HBO (same type of thing like Showtime except we couldn't afford showtime) that our cable bill was over $50 dollars a month.

US viewers don't have it easy with channels like that. In Australia, the shows that air on HBO, showtime, and cinemax are found on channels that are free. lol. I felt majorly ripped off when I found that out. heh.

Anyway, my point is that the ratings would definitely be lower as fewer people have showtime than have Sci Fi. In fact, I'd say that not all people have Sci Fi either as it's part of an extended cable package.

However, that said, your idea has some merit. The only other networks that I really could foresee it switching over to would be either the USA channel or possibly FOX. The rating numbers would be far more important on FOX where there would be more popular shows competing against Stargate if it were to be aired there. Stargate already has an agreement with FOX for video releases...
Back to top Go down
ancient78

ancient78

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: SaveOurSGA Brainstorm   SaveOurSGA Brainstorm Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 1:51 am

So the only option at the moment is the SCIFI Channel.

Should i send a letter to fox.

Another question ,Any suggestion From Joe Mallozzi,i read on his blog,send lemons.

What can Stargate Magazine do to help bring back the show?

sorry for asking lots of question. I've never done this,trying to save a show.

Im in uk,so i dont have much option,only sending letters. i dont know about sending letters to magazines.

5 seasons is not enough,Atlantis could go on for many years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SaveOurSGA Brainstorm   SaveOurSGA Brainstorm Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SaveOurSGA Brainstorm
Page 1 of 1