SaveOurSGA Campaign
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SaveOurSGA Campaign

SOSGA Campaign Lets get Stargate Atlantis back on the Air! Save Our SGA!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

LA Bus Advertisements

Go down 
+3
FightforAtlantis
Nessa
ed263
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ed263

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-09-28

LA Bus Advertisements Empty
PostSubject: LA Bus Advertisements   LA Bus Advertisements Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 2:05 pm

Hi to all,

Just a thought, I saw on another show's website how they put advertisements on the back of LA buses to bring back their show.

So, LA bus advertisements? LA news paper advertisements? Any thoughts from anyone?
Back to top Go down
Nessa

Nessa

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: LA Bus Advertisements   LA Bus Advertisements Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 2:55 pm

Very good idea!!
Back to top Go down
FightforAtlantis

FightforAtlantis

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Re: LA Bus Advertisements   LA Bus Advertisements Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 3:27 am

Good idea. Who's going to pay for it though? Donations might be good.
Back to top Go down
http://fightforatlantis.wordpress.com/the-fight-for-atlantis/
Nessa

Nessa

PostSubject: Re: LA Bus Advertisements   LA Bus Advertisements Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 4:45 pm

How much money do you think we need?
Back to top Go down
ed263

PostSubject: Re: LA Bus Advertisements   LA Bus Advertisements Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 9:11 pm

I have not idea how much this cost. I read on the other shows forum that they put these banners on about 40 buses.

I just thought I would throw this out here and see if anyone who lives in LA knew the hows, wheres, and whatfors, of getting a banner on busses.

Go here, scroll down a little and you see pictures of the banners used on the busses.

http://moonlightfans.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=38&func=view&id=274643&catid=49

I'm sure it was not cheap, but I would be willing to donate to the cause.
Back to top Go down
Alexandria

Alexandria

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: LA Bus Advertisements   LA Bus Advertisements Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 2:15 am

That would be awesome!
Back to top Go down
ancient78

ancient78

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: LA Bus Advertisements   LA Bus Advertisements Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 1:07 am

i would donate for LA Buses.
Back to top Go down
Nessa

Nessa

PostSubject: Re: LA Bus Advertisements   LA Bus Advertisements Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:02 am

Like I said,I think that's a very good idea!!I 'm gonna add an opinion about it on H!N as soon as possible!!(wich means in 7 hours!!cause I've added one 17 hours ago!!) Razz
Back to top Go down
ancient78

ancient78

PostSubject: Re: LA Bus Advertisements   LA Bus Advertisements Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:39 pm

is there an organisation in LA FOR THE BUS RALLY, THEY CAN DO IT, IF WE PAY FOR IT. INSTEAD OF SEARCHING FOR SOMEBODY IN LA.
Back to top Go down
ancient78

ancient78

PostSubject: Re: LA Bus Advertisements   LA Bus Advertisements Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 3:33 am

I found this website about Adverts on Buses in Los Angeles . here is the website

www.advertiseonbillboards.com

im trying to find information about the bus, i need somebody from LAb to help.

im from uk
Back to top Go down
ancient78

ancient78

PostSubject: LA Address ADs   LA Bus Advertisements Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 1:03 am

The Website is offering Free Consultation, there is a form to fill in, i can fill in some information but i need somebody from LA to fill in the form becuase its asking about the address of the person who lives in LA.
so i can ask them about the cost.

I live in uk so i cant fill in the address
Back to top Go down
ed263

PostSubject: Re: LA Bus Advertisements   LA Bus Advertisements Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 9:32 pm

Hi,
I went to the City of Los Angles Department of Transportation website

http://www.ladottransit.com/

Found the link the had for transit adverting at TitanOutdoor.com

http://www.titanoutdoor.com/Titan.html

I found this site a less intimidating than the other posted here. I sent an email this morning to the ocntact person for LA, asking about pricing. Let's see if I get a reply. If anyone else can try at this company or at another, please try.
They also offer banners for posting on light posts. This may be an option as well.

Any of the leadership here looking at this campaign strategy or believe this may not be the best coarse of action to take? Input would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Pictwolf

Pictwolf

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: LA Bus Advertisements   LA Bus Advertisements Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:58 pm

G'Day I can speak for SoSGA in this matter,
Professional advertising, including the purchase of outside advertising spaces is extremely expensive and really wouldn't give value for money in terms of reaching the wider SGA fandom or convincing TPTB to reconsider. If we can't get people from the LA SGA fan clubs interested in attending a rally, we doubt the more casual viewers are going to pay much attention to billboards, and TPTB are more likely to see it as free advertising for the change over to their 'wonderful' new show Mad .

Currently our campaign to get SGA renewed is still focused around making phone calls, and sending snail mail and lemons. If you can find any lemons, most of the more reasonably priced online sources seem to have sold out Very Happy.

As for reaching the rest of SGA fandom to let them know what is happening, writing to media outlets as suggested by SciFiNut007 in this THREAD offers a more affordable, more broadbased approach to the problem. If a large newspaper gets enough passionate but politely phrased and well argued letters on a particular topic, they may publish a small article about it, or print a few of the letters, and more people are likely to see and read those things, than are going to see any billboard. Some newspapers also have online feedback areas you can access.
Back to top Go down
ancient78

ancient78

PostSubject: Re: LA Bus Advertisements   LA Bus Advertisements Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 11:01 pm

Hi ed263

i will look at it. i was trying to ask this website billboards how much it costs, but again they wanted an LA person address.
Back to top Go down
ancient78

ancient78

PostSubject: Ads in sky magazines   LA Bus Advertisements Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 11:07 pm

hi pictwolf

im close to printing an Ad in sky magazine about atalntis. Sky Broadcasts Atlantis, its very popular here in uk.

i dont know what i kind of ad to make and what do i write to grab their attention.
Back to top Go down
ed263

PostSubject: Re: LA Bus Advertisements   LA Bus Advertisements Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 11:16 pm

Thank you Pictwolf for your reply and what the leadership was focusing on. I continue to send fake lemons ( bought a bunch at Wal-mart for under $1 each) , postcards, and emails.

I also posting opinions at Hey!Nielsen everyday. SGA is ranked Number 2 in TV topics.

http://www.heynielsen.com/view/stargate-atlantis/

Also rate at TV.com - SGA is ranked Number 9 in TV shows for today.

Again, thank you for your reply.
Back to top Go down
Pictwolf

Pictwolf

PostSubject: Re: LA Bus Advertisements   LA Bus Advertisements Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 11:52 pm

ancient78 wrote:
hi pictwolf

im close to printing an Ad in sky magazine about atalntis. Sky Broadcasts Atlantis, its very popular here in uk.

i dont know what i kind of ad to make and what do i write to grab their attention.

G'Day,
I suppose what you write will first be constrained by how much you are paying for the ad i.e. if the cost is by the number of words then you'll have to consider how many words you want to use. Then you want to consider how you will phrase it so you get your message over as clearly and succinctly as possible. Finally you need to consider what you are saying to make sure you don't break copyright or defamation laws (although I suspect Sky magazine would reject anything they considered potentially harmful) or give free advertising to MGM, SciFi Tv or worst of all SGU.

Let us know what space you have bought and we will help you write the ad.
Back to top Go down
ancient78

ancient78

PostSubject: Re: LA Bus Advertisements   LA Bus Advertisements Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:24 am

what im most worried about is the copyright. i thought sky would know about copyright. you said sky might offer free ad to mgm to promote SGU.

WHAT ABOUT JUST WORDS WITHOUT PHOTO.

WHO DOES SKY BUY FROM FOR Atlantis.
Back to top Go down
ancient78

ancient78

PostSubject: Re: LA Bus Advertisements   LA Bus Advertisements Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:34 am

To pictwolf

Here are the questions they want to know about what i want to print,

• Who is Client/ advertiser?
  • would this be billed to a media Agency/ or directly to the client?
  • what issues are you interested?
  • who are you targeting?
Back to top Go down
Pictwolf

Pictwolf

PostSubject: Re: LA Bus Advertisements   LA Bus Advertisements Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:52 am

ancient78 wrote:
what im most worried about is the copyright. i thought sky would know about copyright. you said sky might offer free ad to mgm to promote SGU.

WHAT ABOUT JUST WORDS WITHOUT PHOTO.

WHO DOES SKY BUY FROM FOR Atlantis.

What I said was that if you are not careful your Ad might only serve MGM's interests by giving them some free publicity, Sky Magazine is going to expect to be paid for anything it prints, including your Ad. The copyright issue is most likely to arise if you use any pictures, or quotes from the show. The title of the show is also owned by MGM but I think you should be able to use it in a simple statement i.e. "Stargate Atlantis has been cancelled by MGM!"

Sky will purchase SGA from whomever distributes it.

Have you paid for an advertisement to go into Sky Magazine? Because if you haven't I would not do so. You are outlaying your money for something which may not be very effective, and might even be counter productive if MGM gets any free publicity out of it.

ancient78 wrote:
To pictwolf

Here are the questions they want to know about what i want to print,

• Who is Client/ advertiser?
  • would this be billed to a media Agency/ or directly to the client?
  • what issues are you interested?
  • who are you targeting?

Alright, I have just looked at your second post and I can see you have not bought any advertising space as yet.

The first question means 'Who are you?'

The second question means 'Will you be paying upfront or will you be paying an advertising company to write the Ad for you and will they be paying?'

The third question means 'What do you want the Ad to be about?'

The fourth question means 'Who do you want to read the Ad and be moved to respond?'

What none of this tells you is how much money they want you to pay them for placing your Ad. If you really want to go through with this (and again I advise you NOT to do it) you must tell them you are an individual and you want to place the Ad on your own behalf, and that you want to find out what their fees and charges for this service are going to be.
Back to top Go down
ancient78

ancient78

PostSubject: Re: LA Bus Advertisements   LA Bus Advertisements Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 1:37 am

thank you for the answers, yo really helped me, ive been wanting somebody to help me with this. somebody thought of rallying outside sky. and i suggested this idea on SOSGA. i thought they would help.

i have answered these questions but i havent yet send it. i was a bit confused how would this help us. i just wanted to get some media to help us with campigan. this was differently too big. i dont think letters are going to do anything for them to print about the cancelision.

i dont know what i can do to get their attention.

im very serious about saving show. another idea to send to MGM A small poster of Atlantis and write at the back.
Back to top Go down
Pictwolf

Pictwolf

PostSubject: Re: LA Bus Advertisements   LA Bus Advertisements Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 1:48 am

ancient78 wrote:
thank you for the answers, yo really helped me, ive been wanting somebody to help me with this. somebody thought of rallying outside sky. and i suggested this idea on SOSGA. i thought they would help.

i have answered these questions but i havent yet send it. i was a bit confused how would this help us. i just wanted to get some media to help us with campigan. this was differently too big. i dont think letters are going to do anything for them to print about the cancelision.

i dont know what i can do to get their attention.

im very serious about saving show. another idea to send to MGM A small poster of Atlantis and write at the back.

I think it would be best if you just kept writing to people, MGM, Sci-Fi, Sky, Magazines and Newspapers. For the cost of one advert you could send hundreds of letters. By all means write a letter on the back of a poster and send it to MGM.

As for a Rally, we haven't had much luck organising rallies, everyone thinks they are a good idea but no one actually wants to or is able to come.
Back to top Go down
ed263

PostSubject: Re: LA Bus Advertisements   LA Bus Advertisements Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 11:25 pm

Hi to all,

I know that SOSGA did not believe that bus advertisements in the LA area may be the way to go, but before I learned of this concern, I had already emailed Titan Worldwide Advertising Company (link was on the LADOP website) inquiring as to how much bus advertisement would cost. I thought it wouldn't hurt to see how much it would be.

Well, today I was pleasently surprised when a representative of Titan Worldwide called me! So we talked about pricing.

So for tail banners on 40 buses for a 4 week period the cost would be approximately $9000 (this includes making of the banners). I asked if fewer buses could be used and pricing on this arrangement and also pricing on street banner advertising. The representative needed to gather more information would get back to me tomorrow.

Well, now we know approximately how much bus advertisments would cost.
Back to top Go down
Nessa

Nessa

PostSubject: Re: LA Bus Advertisements   LA Bus Advertisements Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 4:12 pm

Hi,last time I said that I was gonna add an opinion about this topic on H!N,remember?well,I did!!if you guys haven't been checking the reactions go ahead!!http://www.heynielsen.com/opinion/view/la-bus-advertissment/
Back to top Go down
Nessa

Nessa

PostSubject: Re: LA Bus Advertisements   LA Bus Advertisements Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 8:15 pm

I think that if everyone gave something we can have this advertisment!!what do you think?!let's hope it works!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LA Bus Advertisements   LA Bus Advertisements Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LA Bus Advertisements
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SaveOurSGA Campaign :: SaveOurSGA Brainstorm :: SaveOurSGA Brainstorms-
Jump to: