SaveOurSGA Campaign
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SaveOurSGA Campaign

SOSGA Campaign Lets get Stargate Atlantis back on the Air! Save Our SGA!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

State of shock!

Go down 
+9
John
Fyrewoode
horsefreakh
DanielleS
FightforAtlantis
scifinut007
FraggleD
pavaneofstars
Muffin
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Muffin

Muffin

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-08-22

State of shock! Empty
PostSubject: State of shock!   State of shock! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 5:19 pm

Hey Guys,

First of would like to say thankyou for being so swift and making these brilliant site ready for us to work from. Last night I felt at a total loose end stuck between wanting to do something and admitting defeat, all I managed to achieve was signing the petition. As soon as the link came up I decided to join and show my dedication to the cause!

I'm guessing this is a welcome thread so erm, Muffin known in the real world as Emm or dedicated dgeek squirrel.... *Smirks* 22 and from England. Have been a fan of the show since day one, fave character Rodney McKay, fave actor David Hewlett. Avid convention goer, visited the sets once in 2007. Erm.... thats all I guess....

I've made so many friends because of this show and this fandom I won't let that go without a fight!

Save Stargate Atlantis!

Emm
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidhewlett.biz
pavaneofstars

Number of posts : 3

State of shock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of shock!   State of shock! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 6:08 pm

Hey Muffin! I *love* your sig!! Very appropriate.

We're all feeling the pain and shock. I can't believe this is happening. And the news about SGU this morning - they killed Atlantis for SGU!! It makes me feel mad and all sorts of hurt and mixed up. Sad
Back to top Go down
Muffin

Muffin

Number of posts : 14

State of shock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of shock!   State of shock! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 6:37 pm

Yup! Thanks pavane, thought it was kinda apt for what we were trying to convey!

I can hardly believe it still, yesterday I was thinking I don't know if I can go through the same thing again to follow universe but I want to support the franchise in the hopes we can get as many Atlantis movies as possible!
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidhewlett.biz
FraggleD

Number of posts : 11

State of shock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of shock!   State of shock! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 9:00 pm

Hello hello HELLO!!! FINALLY I get time to visit the forum, and yet I am so TIRED I can not stay on for long!!
All I can say is thanks to everyone who is supporting the cause and the site!

Lets all unite and get these campaigns rolling!!

cheers
Back to top Go down
scifinut007

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-08-23

State of shock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of shock!   State of shock! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 12:42 am

I saw the hand writing on the wall as several times the producers had expressed doubt about keeping 2 shows going, I am out raged that they would take a dump on the fans and cancelle our show, here is a letter I have sent.

I had the privalidge of talking to Jeff Pryors secratay and expressed my concerns to her as Jeff had alrady left for the day, she was very sympathetic, and ask me to send my comments to her by means of her private email, and she would see to it that several key exceutives there at MGM would get it, so here is the letter I sent

To MGM And The Scifi Channle

Yes the fans have been loyal to the gate franchise, we watch every week and tell our friends about the great shows SG1 and Atlantis. We buy the DVD's, we are loyal viewers who have built your franchise.

How is this loyalty rewarded?

You cancel our shows.

We the fan base deserve some display of loyalty MGM and Scifi, we are sick and tired of our shows getting cancelled.

I for one am not going to watch a new Gate series, just to have it cancelled in a few years, If you guys do end Atlantis as a TV series I am done with the Gate franchise, I will never watch another Gate series or buy any more Gate DVD's of any of the series! I will also be DONE WITH THE SCIFI CHANNLE FOR GOOD!!!

Hey MGM and Scifi Gunsmoke went 20 years + and the networks showed loyalty to the fans of that show by keeping it on even during the lean times of viewership, when they could have cancelled it (around the 12th year). At least with Atlantis there is a strong viewership!

Come on MGM and Scifi show some appreciation to the loyal fans that have built your franchise, it is the loyal fans that have made it possible for you to make a huge amount of money with this franchise, so why not reward the loyal fans, by YOUR SHOWING SOME LOYALTY? And Keep Atlantis on for a couple more years!!!
This would also serve to strengthen the viewership of your new show Universe, just as Atlantis was strenghtned by being aired right after SG1 for a couple of years.

----------------------------

I have also posted this letter on a couple of forums

This is a great site for the cause!!!!
Back to top Go down
FightforAtlantis

FightforAtlantis

Number of posts : 49

State of shock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of shock!   State of shock! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 2:55 am

Thanks for making this site so soon! I was trying to make one with wordpress, and, um, it didn't work out so well. I'm going to keep working on it just to spread word, but thank god you made this site. Or else I'd be stuck with my lame wordpress site.
Back to top Go down
http://fightforatlantis.wordpress.com/the-fight-for-atlantis/
DanielleS

Number of posts : 1

State of shock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of shock!   State of shock! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 4:28 am

I was sobbing when i found out. Stargate Saved my life.
Back to top Go down
horsefreakh

horsefreakh

Registration date : 2008-08-24

State of shock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of shock!   State of shock! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 4:10 am

I love Stargate. I feel mixed, because part of me wants to walk away, but another part wants me to stay and support it as much as possible, so they don't do this again, later. If the do this to Universe,and it turns out to be good, I think I actually might walk away.
Back to top Go down
Fyrewoode

State of shock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of shock!   State of shock! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 8:00 am

Hello, Fyrewoode [Amber] here. Hailing from the beautiful city of SD in sunny Cali. I am in utter shock that Sci-Fi would do this to us. I can't imagine what they must be thinking.

loyal Stargate fan since I first watched the original movie in my dad's lap at the tender age of 8. Been a sci-fi nerd ever since. I go to cons and even write a few fan fics [that i have yet not posted out of an artist's need for perfection.]

you can check out my SGA fan art at Fyrewoode.deviantart.com More is sure to be up soon as i continue to channel my disgust and disappointment into productive outlets... lol. [this is me motivating myself to not give up.]

Long Live RDA!!!

Long Live Stargate!!

Down with the imperious, stargate hatin network, Sci-Fi!!
Back to top Go down
John

John

Number of posts : 16

State of shock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of shock!   State of shock! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 3:05 pm

Yeah, I think we were all in shock over this. Devastation never tasted so strong... I can't really believe they did it to us again. For the past few years they kept telling us to keep watching, show your support, buy the merchandise, ensure Atlantis' longevity by backing us.

We did and we took it up the pipe again.

I too have vowed that I will not support another series, especially the one that is the very reason MY favorite Stargate show was taken away from me. I'm glad this site is here.

State of Shock? yes, still, even days later.

So much for ratings and awards and numbers, huh? If they really don't guarantee longevity then I'm not wasting my time getting that involved with another team again. I will still buy Atlantis anything.. novels, magazines, calendars... bu tno other Stargate series will get my backing. SG-1 and SGA. All newcomers... you're on your own.

John Sad
Back to top Go down
chrisis1033

chrisis1033

Number of posts : 15

State of shock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of shock!   State of shock! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 9:49 pm

Excellent site!

I was in shock when I read the news of the cancellation.
Back to top Go down
Nessa

Nessa

Number of posts : 40

State of shock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of shock!   State of shock! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 8:21 pm

please!SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE PETITION?
Back to top Go down
chrisis1033

chrisis1033

Number of posts : 15

State of shock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of shock!   State of shock! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:52 pm

The site is down for maintainence
Back to top Go down
ancient78

ancient78

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-09-06

State of shock! Empty
PostSubject: CAST   State of shock! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 5:06 am

HI Everyone

I WAS SHOCKED TO HEAR THE NEWS,IT SEEMED TO COME OUT OF THE BLUE.

EVERYBODY IS FORGOTING ABOUT THE CAST, IM SURE THEY WERE SHOCKED AS WELL US IS ABOUT THE CANCELISION.

ITS ALSO UP TO THE CAST IF THEY WOULD LIKE TO COUTINUE MAKING THE SHOW,IM SURE THEY WOULD LIKE TO. FROM READING INTERVIEWS IN MAGAZINE THE CAST SEEMED DEDICATED TO THE SHOW. END OF THE DAY ITS THE CAST WHO MAKE THE SHOW.

Shocked
Back to top Go down
cerebus987

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-09-15

State of shock! Empty
PostSubject: i just found out like 1 minutes ago...   State of shock! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 6:58 am

i'am really freaking here.., the blatant lies.... i cant speak for Stargate fan out there, but im 19, been a fan since the first movie, so if i was a fan at 9 i suppose getting older isnt what the studios want. atlantis was a realy good show,those lying studio people callin the fans "to old".my Question is how young is the Younger Gen? So Universe takes place on a Ancient spaceship, floating through the galaxy and the crew cant dial home. how is this supposed to draw in a "younger" generation, when it sounds boring so me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

State of shock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of shock!   State of shock! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

State of shock!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SaveOurSGA Campaign :: Welcomes and Hello's :: Welcome to SaveOurSGA!-
Jump to: