SaveOurSGA Campaign
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SaveOurSGA Campaign

SOSGA Campaign Lets get Stargate Atlantis back on the Air! Save Our SGA!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Shrine *MASSIVE SPOILERS**

Go down 
+3
Jewels
JadesFire
Muffin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Muffin

Muffin

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-08-22

The Shrine *MASSIVE SPOILERS** Empty
PostSubject: The Shrine *MASSIVE SPOILERS**   The Shrine *MASSIVE SPOILERS** Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 8:50 am

So it was the episode a lot of us were waiting for, so what are the first impressions now that it has aired, pleased? Dissapointed (I shudder saying the word because I wholeheartedly wasn't)

This was a fantastic example of why the show should be kept alive, David was stunning in the episode, it was amazingly moving. The way the episode showed Rodney's loss of memory and essentially himself was beautiful. Jewel, Kate and Joe were also fantastic in this episode. As we waited to the end to hear Rodney's words to Keller my heart was in my mouth! (Yup McKeller fan here...)

There were so many parts I loved, John and Rodneys beers on the pier. David's portrayal of Rodney during the video clips, the frustration of knowing he was loosing everything. What a way to come into an episode if you hadn't expected it to have been coming you would have been in shock I would imagine!
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidhewlett.biz
JadesFire

JadesFire

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Shrine *MASSIVE SPOILERS**   The Shrine *MASSIVE SPOILERS** Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 9:36 am

I agree with you wholeheartedly. This episode was absolutely incredible. I am tearing up just thinking about it now. At this moment, its my favourite episode of the series let alone this season!

I love that they show the videos of Rodney slowly losing things out of order and throughout the episode. And as soon as Kate walked into the room with David, I was tearing up. I think I had tears before she did. And by the time she left the room, I was crying. Sad It was so emotional and moving. Especially on the back of the news we got about the shows future. And I love when they soften Ronon up and he is comforting and caring. To see him comforting Jeannie is sad and adorable at the same time.

I love the way they showed scenes as memories. The scene between Rodney and John on the pier was fantastic! it was emotional and funny. You can really feel the roller coaster of emotion in that scene. And the laughing at the end making John crack a smile in the present despite the grave situation.

And I knew that was what Rodney was going to say to Jennifer! (I am totally a McKeller fan too!) It was just so nice to hear it. And that he was brave enough to say it.

All in all, this episode was brilliant and that is in large part to the actors! They truly made this what it is. I know I am gushing a bit but after some lackluster seasons from other shows this past year, this show really brings out the best of television. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://jadestardis.wordpress.com/
Jewels

Jewels

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: The Shrine *MASSIVE SPOILERS**   The Shrine *MASSIVE SPOILERS** Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 11:33 am

Loved it! I laughed, i cried, i screamed! (that thing that came outta Rodney's head = ewww) lol!

The acting was incredible!

Tell me why they cancelled the show just as it is getting beyond amazing??? No

Jx
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/jewelsq84
Ravan

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: The Shrine *MASSIVE SPOILERS**   The Shrine *MASSIVE SPOILERS** Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 6:44 am

I agree with Jewels...Loved it.

I don't know if it was because I was saddened on hearing the news of the cancellation of SGA...but this episode was heartbreaking.

David Hewlett was absolutely amazing in this episode, and the rest of the cast did such a superb job too. Joe Flanigan..wow!

For me the scenes that moved me the most were between Rodney and John..the Pier scene, the scene where Rodney is running to John's quarters, and the very first scene where Rodney is yelling for John. It shows how deep their friendship is...beautiful.

I can't believe they cancel SGA!

Ravan
Back to top Go down
McKays_Angel

McKays_Angel

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Re: The Shrine *MASSIVE SPOILERS**   The Shrine *MASSIVE SPOILERS** Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 2:27 pm

I can't wait to know the live ratings for this...fingers crossed its REALLY high!
Back to top Go down
AzureHart

AzureHart

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Re: The Shrine *MASSIVE SPOILERS**   The Shrine *MASSIVE SPOILERS** Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 12:49 am

This was my favorite episode (even over Tao of Rodney).

The way the whole team played. Ronon and Teyla being so protective of McKay, and looking like they wanted to crack a few Earth skulls together for discounting them. Rodney running to John when he was scared; I just loved that scene. It really felt like they were playing the the McSheppers in the audience. Sure it can be seen as really strong friendship, but we have slashed them together with a lot less evidence than they gave us here. I even loved Woolsey in this *pets his bald head*.

David was beyond awesome. The way he regressed being more like autism than senile dementa was a really nice choice. And Kate's reactions were so good (probably because they're RL siblings).

The only part I found a distraction was the end where Keller was watching McKay's "I love you" on the video. Not because I think the pairing couldn't work, it just felt (to me) as a afterthought and kind of "tacked on" to the end.

This episode highlighted the best qualities of the show, cast, and writers and just proves how short-sighted TPTB are being in cancelling SGA.
Back to top Go down
SinekSekiz

SinekSekiz

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: The Shrine *MASSIVE SPOILERS**   The Shrine *MASSIVE SPOILERS** Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 8:21 am

This was the most tastefull episode of the 5th session. My list is actually goes as;

1) Tao of Rodney
2) Shrine
3) Trio

I actually like Dr. Keller and Dr. McKays florting scenes. They make a good couple. : D I just don't like the compatition bwetween Ronon and Rodney.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Shrine *MASSIVE SPOILERS**   The Shrine *MASSIVE SPOILERS** Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Shrine *MASSIVE SPOILERS**
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SaveOurSGA Campaign :: Stargate Atlantis :: Stargate Atlantis Episodes :: SGA Season 5-
Jump to: